Twelve Ways That YOU Can Be Part of Building the Movement for Revolution – Right Now
- Begin listening to the Revolution talk,
Revolution: Why It's Necessary, Why It's
Possible, What It's All About, by the revolutionary
leader Bob Avakian, available on DVD (order at revcom.us) and at revolutiontalk.net. Listen
to some of the talk every day. Read BAsics, the book of
quotations and short essays by Bob Avakian.
These enable you to get deeper into the ideas that guide the revolution.
- Donate money to the campaign to project Bob Avakian’s vision and works into every corner of society, BA Everywere… Imagine the Difference It Could Make (online at revcom.us or send to RCP Publications, address below). Arrange each month to give something.
Be part of building this campaign – letting everyone know about, and get into, the new synthesis of communism that BA has brought forward and the leadership he's giving to the movement for revolution.
- Tape up a revolutionary poster or a palm-card
or a flier or even an article from Revolution newspaper in
a hallway, in a bathroom stall, wherever you can... If you
have a business, or work in a restaurant or beauty parlor etc. with a
friendly owner, or know someone who does, put it up there. This gets
the word out, and it lets people see that there are other people who
support the revolution. Five or ten posters in the hallways of a large
building or on street corners will be seen by thousands.
- Read Revolution newspaper every week. Learn
what's really going on in the world and stay connected to the
movement for revolution. Get a subscription. (e-sub at revcom.us or order the print edition)
- Leave cards or fliers or copies of
Revolution newspaper on bus seats, in
a laundromat, a library, a classroom, or
a barbershop. Watch how people respond. This also gets
the word out and builds support for the revolution, and it lets the
movement learn how well it is doing at influencing people. Talk about
people's responses with someone from the movement for revolution.
- Get the image of Bob Avakian around
everywhere you can – tape it up, or leave palm-cards with it.
This will make those who don't know about BA curious, and
for those who do it will give them encouragement to get more into this.
- Play the Revolution talk where you live when
people come over. This lets people learn about the
revolution and what it stands for. See what it sparks in
people, and talk it over with them.
- Talk with others you trust about the
revolution, and then give feedback to
people in the revolutionary movement.
Let them know what questions the newspaper should be addressing.
Share what you are learning, and be part of the movement that is
learning how to speak more deeply and clearly to the people.
- Stand with the movement for revolution.
When you see the movement for revolution in your area, be
part of the crowd that supports the revolutionaries. Find out
where they will be regularly and when they will be there, show up. You
will let other people know that there is support, and you will encourage
them to step forward and hear what the revolutionaries have to say.
- If you are in a neighborhood where there is a people's
neighborhood patrol, travel with the patrol
when they go out. You can begin by being
part of the crowd that is watching them, and watching out for them,
or letting them know where there are regular patterns of police
harassment and brutality in the neighborhood.
- Raise money for the movement for
revolution. Do a yard sale, sell dinners, have a party
or find ways to enable people to support the revolution.
- Come to a meeting called by the movement for revolution in your area, or see if the revolutionaries can make a trip to your area. Contact the info below to get connected. Learn about and be part of making the plans for fighting the power, and transforming the people, for revolution.
If you do any or all of these, you will be part of the thousands who are influencing millions toward revolution today... you will be challenging and changing the way people see things, and preparing those millions to make revolution, when the conditions emerge to do so.
Revolution Newspaper ∙ revcom.us ∙ RCP Publications,
P.O. Box 3486, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL 60654
If you like this article, subscribe, donate to and sustain Revolution newspaper.