Revolution #174, August 30, 2009
Appearing Online 9.1.09
“Revolution: Why It’s Necessary, Why It’s Possible, What It’s All About”
In 2003 Bob Avakian delivered this historic talk in the United States. This is a wide-ranging revolutionary journey. It breaks down the very nature of the society we live in and how humanity has come to a time where a radically different society is possible. He lays it all out in a nine-hour speech—and then goes into three hours of question-and-answer dialogue with the audiences. It’s all there—full of heart and soul, humor and seriousness.
On 9.1.09, join the movement to put this before thousands. Embed the clips or parts of the full film onto your sites and tell all your friends.
There is nothing online like THIS film: nothing that gets at these questions as deeply, thoroughly and truthfully as this. Millions of people are searching for the truth, and watching videos, short and long. Some of these give part of the answer; but some of them—including some of the most popular—give people bullshit answers, pointing people in the wrong direction and spreading poison. Here, and all over the world, people need to see Revolution: Why It’s Necessary, Why It’s Possible, What It’s All About.
And YOU are needed to spread this. Here are 4 ways to get this film out.
1. On 9.1.09, embed the clips or the full film onto your sites, post it on message boards, discussion groups… wherever people are debating big questions.
2. Download the promotional materials that are up at revcom.us and get them up in your dorm rooms, housing projects, local coffee shop.
3. Talk with your friends, bloggers, fellow FBers, twitterers, etc. about taking this up as well—anyone you know who hates the way things are and is hungering to understand the world and be part of changing it radically. Send out email announcements about the online launch now.
4. Contribute financially to spread the Revolution talk online even further. Starting Sept. 1 contributions can be made at revolutiontalk.net.
Get with and be part of launching the Revolution film online.
Go to revcom.us to download promotional materials.
DISC I - Session I
1. “They’re selling postcards of the hanging”
2. Police: Enforcers of oppression and madness
3. 1960’s: Racism and oppression challenged head-on
4. A world of rape and sexual assault
5. “Traditional” values—tradition’s chains
6. U.S. expands through conquest and exploitation
7. Youth deserve a better future
8. Not fit caretakers of the earth
9. A history of genocide and war crimes
10. As long as you don’t say nothin’
11. Why do people come here from all over the world?
DISC 2 - Session 2
1. What is capitalism?
2. A lopsided imperialist world
3. How the world got this way
4. A better world is possible
5. Today, societies are divided into classes
6. The proletariat and communism
7. Imagine ... a new society Healthcare, work, education, science, etc...
8. The dictatorship of the proletariat, and what it’s for
9. The “voting trap” under capitalism
10. Democracy and dictatorship during socialism
11. Overcoming wounds and scars from capitalism
12. From each according to their ability, to each according to their needs
13. It’s not “Make them suffer like we suffered”
14. Carrying forward the revolution under socialism
15. “Two sides” to globalization
16. A vampire system with “NUKE-ular” weapons
17. International class—world-wide struggle
DISC 3 - Session 3
1. How could we actually make revolution, in a country like the U.S.?
2. Uniting all who can be united for revolution
3. Iraq war resistance—what was accomplished?
4. Learning while leading, leading while learning
5. The “solid core” of the united front, and ending national oppression
6. How a revolutionary situation can come about
7. It’s not just “The Corporations”
8. Why not bring about change peacefully?
9. Isn’t the problem “human nature”?
10. Dialectical materialism, historical materialism
12. Does communism equal “totalitarianism”?
13. Valuing dissent in socialist society
14. The people need leadership ... a communist vanguard party
15. A challenge and call: get with the party
DISC 4 - Questions and Answers
1. Smoke weed in socialism?
2. Difficulty for proletarians to get active?
3. Change for women in a new society?
4. Another war for election purposes? (pyramid)
5. What made you not believe in god?
6. First thought on 9/11?
7. How to reach the proletariat?
8. More on 9/11?
9. When will people fight for a different future?
10. How does the party keep its goal of revolution?
11. Is communism a European ideology?
12. Reparations for African-Americans?
13. Breaking down borders under socialism?
14. A new generation of revolutionary leaders?
15. Huey Newton and the Black Panther Party?
16. Favorite band, favorite movie?
17. We need a revolutionary people.
18. Involving more minority youth?
19. At 89, I want to see change.
If you like this article, subscribe, donate to and sustain Revolution newspaper.